Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

apatelpBiAdmin
Regular Visitor

Power BI Gateway Issue with PRO Government license

Hello,

We are trying to setting up powerBI infrastructure as follows and encounter issue. Please help asap.

1. PowerBI Pro Government License for aaaa@xxx.org account.

2. Installed GateWay on server which is in the organization on premises using same account from step 1.

3. GateWay installed successfully, no errors.

4. Connect to app.powerbigov.us site and clicked on Manage GateWay but could not see gateway which i created on step2.

Please advise.

AP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
apatelpBiAdmin
Regular Visitor

Yes, I am sure. I reached out to Microsoft for this query and they said that they have to move tenant from .com to gov cloud in order to resolve this issue. And this process will take approximately 3 to 4 weeks. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this resolved? I am having the same issue. Do I need to contact Microsoft support or can I resolve the issue myself?

NapaPBI
Regular Visitor

Hello AP,

Were you able to resolve this issue?  I am encoutering similar problem...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apatelpBiAdmin,

Thank you for your coming back. Smiley Happy I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
apatelpBiAdmin
Regular Visitor

Yes, Sure,

AP

Can you tell me if this was successfully resolved.  My tenant is already in the .gov cloud and i am still unable to install a gateway which can be seen.  it always wants to default to the .com Power BI.

Can you tell me if this was successfully resolved.  My tenant is already in the .gov cloud and i am still unable to install a gateway which can be seen.  it always wants to default to the .com Power BI.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apatelpBiAdmin,

Thanks for your update. Hope the issue will resolve soon with Microsoft engineer's help. 

As your are contact Microsoft for help in another way, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
apatelpBiAdmin
Regular Visitor

Yes, I am sure. I reached out to Microsoft for this query and they said that they have to move tenant from .com to gov cloud in order to resolve this issue. And this process will take approximately 3 to 4 weeks. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apatelpBiAdmin,

Are you sure you are installing the on-premises data gateway instead of on-premises data gateway (personal mode)? 

Manage Gateways pane is only available for on-premises data gateway. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors