Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arusky
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Gateway IP Address to Snowflake

Our company recently migrated database from Oracle to Snowflake.

With Oracle, we did not have any issues with refreshing data with Gateway, but since moved to Snowflake, it is difficult to refresh.

Snowflake server is managed by the headquarter, so we have to follow their rules and guidelines.

They are not allowing the range of IP address to be open. It has to be the specific IP address.

Whenever we publish or republish the reports, Power BI Server IP address changes, ##.##.#.XX to ##.##.#.YY.

If then, we have to re-visit the headquarter to allow that specific IP address to access.

Is there a viable solution for this? OR can we get the list of the IP addresses that is assigned to our server?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @arusky 

I would look to see to use the On-Premise gateway to refresh or get data from Snowflake. You can then give the static IP address where you have the Gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your advice. The problem is, that IP address is not static.

Even if we open a certain address this week, whenever we repulbish that report in the next week, the IP address changes.

Hi @arusky 

The connection will be made from the On-Premise Gateway to Snowflake, so you can get a static IP where you have the On-Premise Gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors