Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

starstruk31
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Gateway Fails when adding SSL data source

Anyone had the below issues when adding an impala connection(SSL) to the Power BI Gateway?  I added the cert to the trusted certs repo and have tested that the cert works connecting from Excel.  The below error is what I get when adding the data source to the gateway using the service.  This is an Impala connection.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Power BI

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to server.my.ad. Details: ""Hide details
Activity ID:d90c4326-cc43-4114-8379-99b8dc0c652b
Request ID:3f0756d7-7cec-0f54-bafd-88fad0283633
Cluster URI:https://cluster.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Mon Nov 27 2017 15:07:19 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Version:13.0.3154.215

PowerBIGateway:

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 466459: Mashup expression evaluation error. Reason: ..

From Power BI Desktop I get the following error:

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SASL(-1): generic failure: Failed to initialize security context: The specified target is unknown or unreachable
"
1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@starstruk31,

Did you configue the services of Power BI gateway? After installing gateway it has it's own service account which may do not have the access to ODBC driver. You could change the service account to your Window account and check if this issue persists or not.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors