Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mininair
Employee
Employee

Power BI Gateway – Enterprise is now in preview!

Today we announced the preview release of Enterprise Gateway with direct query support to SQL Server. After Personal Gateway, Enterprise gateway is the next step in our gateway story. You can read more about its features and capabilities here - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/12/02/announcing-preview-of-power-bi-gateway-for-enterp...

With Enterprise Gateway, you can centrally manage and control access to your on-premises data sources from Power BI. Today’s release supports direct query to SQL Server. Support for Analysis Services is coming very soon…

Give it a try and share your feedback with us. You can post the comments here or send your feedback to hybridbi@microsoft.com

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andy,

The current release of the gateway only supports direct query to SQL server. Import and refresh is coming soon. You can use Personal Gateway for this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pdavis2186
Regular Visitor

Any idea on pricing after preview? Looks great so far, you guys are killing it!!!

@pdavis2186 The Enterprise Gateway is part of the package, there is no additional fee.. It is also GA now as of last week i believe.

edit: link to announcement

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
RafDelgado
Helper II
Helper II

This is awesome news!! Can't wait to try!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am very exicted to try this. I am looking forward to having this flexibility with my data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we able to use the Enterprise gateway when a PB Desktop file has an ImportData connection to SQL Server and is uploaded to PB web? I see that DirectQuery works fine but can't seem to get ImportData to work.

Hi Andy,

The current release of the gateway only supports direct query to SQL server. Import and refresh is coming soon. You can use Personal Gateway for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors