Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Free Account issues with Power BI Pro Account

I have provisioned users with Power BI Pro.  Some chose to 'Sign Up' vs. 'Sign In' when they received my dashboard.  Those people used the Power BI trial version.  Now their trial has expired and when they try to 'Sign In' to use their Pro account, they are asked to purchase a Power BI Pro account and cannot access their dashboard.  What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor
2 REPLIES 2
Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link.  I followed up with our IT department.  They noticed that those that have had a Power BI Pro license were switched to Free.  We assume  that when I sent my new dashboard, a few members selected Sign Up instead of Sign In even though they were given instructions not to Sign Up.  When those people signed up, they were given a Free Trial account and it wiped out there Power BI Pro license (?!).  After the trial period when they went to access their dashboard they were asked to purchase a Pro license.  IT saved the day (as usual).  Power BI Pro was given out again.  I had a user who was blocked from content verify they can now see the dashboard again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors