cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Enterprise - Access Database

I've been searching all morning to see if there's a way to do this, but essentially i have many many data sources set up through the Gateway and require another query to an on prem access database. I'm currently utilising the Enterprise Gateway and cannot see any Access DB connectors. 

Am i going crazy/blind or is this something coming?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Power BI Enterprise - Access Database

MS Access is not a server, just a file. You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway - I'm not sure if it works with the enterprise gateway or not. To test it, configure a power bi desktop file that connects to the access DB in its resting location (visible to the gateway of course). Then publish and see if it refreshes. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

MS Access is not a server, just a file. You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway - I'm not sure if it works with the enterprise gateway or not. To test it, configure a power bi desktop file that connects to the access DB in its resting location (visible to the gateway of course). Then publish and see if it refreshes. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

The enterprise gateway does support file/folder for scheduled refresh. Definitely try what Matt suggested. Let me know if that doesn't work.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise/#list-of-available-data...

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks guys, i'll try to treat it as a flat file and go from there!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors