Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CMcAlpine
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Enterprise - Access Database

I've been searching all morning to see if there's a way to do this, but essentially i have many many data sources set up through the Gateway and require another query to an on prem access database. I'm currently utilising the Enterprise Gateway and cannot see any Access DB connectors. 

Am i going crazy/blind or is this something coming?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MS Access is not a server, just a file. You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway - I'm not sure if it works with the enterprise gateway or not. To test it, configure a power bi desktop file that connects to the access DB in its resting location (visible to the gateway of course). Then publish and see if it refreshes. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MS Access is not a server, just a file. You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway - I'm not sure if it works with the enterprise gateway or not. To test it, configure a power bi desktop file that connects to the access DB in its resting location (visible to the gateway of course). Then publish and see if it refreshes. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

The enterprise gateway does support file/folder for scheduled refresh. Definitely try what Matt suggested. Let me know if that doesn't work.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise/#list-of-available-data...

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

Thanks guys, i'll try to treat it as a flat file and go from there!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors