Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DancesWithBI
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedding (using Azure AD Group)

We are in the process of trying to embed Power BI Reports in a Saleforce applications and are running into difficulties associatiing users with a published workspace. The problem in a nutshell is that the only way our users can see a Power BI report embedded in Salesforce is if I add them as individual members to the Application Workspace itself. If I only add them as members to the “published” workspace (either explicitly or through an Azure AD group), they cannot see the embedded report - even though they can see the published report in the Power BI Service. I was hoping someone might have some insights into this problem.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@DancesWithBI wrote:

We are in the process of trying to embed Power BI Reports in a Saleforce applications and are running into difficulties associatiing users with a published workspace. The problem in a nutshell is that the only way our users can see a Power BI report embedded in Salesforce is if I add them as individual members to the Application Workspace itself. If I only add them as members to the “published” workspace (either explicitly or through an Azure AD group), they cannot see the embedded report - even though they can see the published report in the Power BI Service. I was hoping someone might have some insights into this problem.

Thanks

@DancesWithBI

Yes, that is the way by design. What do you mean a “published" workspace in your case?

Hi Eric,

First, thanks so much for responding to my post.

What I mean is that if put users into an Azure AD group and then either share a dashboard via that group or publish an application workspace giving access to the Azure AD group, users cannot see my Power BI report that is embedded I Salesforce. Note they can see it through normal Power BI sharing of an application workspace or dashboard.

Dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors