Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

Power BI Embedded

Hi Friends

Once We have created Embedded Report after making changes to web.config, how to add to the client application the same.

Do we require a premium license and what is the workflow.

IN other words what are the next steps from below Window. Read fe

snap.jpg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @VijayP .

The Sample Code is just for the demo to understand how to embed the PBI Report, once you understand the concpet, you can either enhance your current code as per the client requirements and push it to the client Production website or you can implement the same using PBI JS and embeed token concept to your already existing client website.

You don't need to purchase a Pro license to embed your pbi report, you can use the Service Principal method to embed report which don't need a Pro license, 

For the Production workload you should consider for the Premium capacities . 

As per the microsoft docs

Spoiler
Embed tokens with PRO license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens. Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity. Go to Available Features to check the usage value that indicates the current embedded usage in percentage

Refer the PBI Embedded FAQ which will give you all the insights in detail 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @VijayP .

The Sample Code is just for the demo to understand how to embed the PBI Report, once you understand the concpet, you can either enhance your current code as per the client requirements and push it to the client Production website or you can implement the same using PBI JS and embeed token concept to your already existing client website.

You don't need to purchase a Pro license to embed your pbi report, you can use the Service Principal method to embed report which don't need a Pro license, 

For the Production workload you should consider for the Premium capacities . 

As per the microsoft docs

Spoiler
Embed tokens with PRO license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens. Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity. Go to Available Features to check the usage value that indicates the current embedded usage in percentage

Refer the PBI Embedded FAQ which will give you all the insights in detail 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors