Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KevinSGoff
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Embedded vs Trial

OK, will try to strip this down to the essentials.

I've been using Power BI Pro and a trial of Power BI embedded, through our company Azure portal account.

I've been testing out Power BI embedded, works fine.

I know the trial of Power BI embedded only lasts for the duration of the Azure trial (I think it's something like $200 in credits?)

I realize that at some point, that Power BI embedded demo token will expire.  

Here's my question.   Our company picked the A1 SKU for PBI Embedded on our Azure license - which I realize is about $750 per month.
By all appearances, when I go to into the Power BI Admin Portal, I am "hooked up" to the Embedded A1 SKU.

However, I'm not sure I can "prove" that it's using the A1 license and not the trial.

Those who use PBI Embedded might be aware of the API to "Get available features"

When I run that, it still shows the following (below, at the very bottom of this message), which makes me think it still is on the trial.

Now....if it seamlessly transitions from the $200 Azure trail to the real A1 license usage, that's great.  No worries.

But if it's not seamless....I guess my next question, how would I transition, when by all appearances on our Azure Portal, under the Embedded service metrics, it appears to be using it?  Hope this question makes sense!

Thanks

{
      "name": "embedTrial",
      "state": "Enabled",
      "extendedState": "Enabled",
      "additionalInfo": {
        "usage": 0
      }
    },

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KevinSGoff ,

I don’t think you need to worry.  If you update the data and subsequently the report, it should automatically be reflected where you embedded the report.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors