Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI Embedded capacity

Can someone please explain what Power BI Embedded capacity is? I want to create a Web app POC where I can run paginated reports published to my PPU workspace. What else do I need for it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

Your app users will not need to sign in to Power BI or have a Power BI license if you have a Power BI Embedded capacity.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1642494756554.png

Please refer this article.

Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

And how to configure your report for your app users, refer this:

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Markzolotoy 

Frequently asked questions about Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I don't think you would need Power Bi Embedded for it, but for sure you will need Workspace Premium Capacity to be able to use Paginated report

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

But if someelse runs the app will that user need a PPU license to rin the report within?

@Markzolotoy 

A user will always need at least a Pro License to run a paginated report.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

That is what I am trying to avoid. Isn't that what an embedded solution for? I cannot have hundreds of customers all buying Pro licenses.

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

Your app users will not need to sign in to Power BI or have a Power BI license if you have a Power BI Embedded capacity.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1642494756554.png

Please refer this article.

Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

And how to configure your report for your app users, refer this:

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Markzolotoy 

It all depends on the number of cutomers and budget and how you want your customers tu use your report, Premium or Embeded can both do the work

aj1973_0-1642253424650.png

However 100 Pro licenses could be worth better than either solutions, exemple : normally and budget wise compagnies with 500+ Power bi Users would be better for them to use Premium than Pro. Less than 500 Users it is wiser to stay with Pro licenses.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It's not just a number of customers. The solution should be completely transparent to the customers. By customers I mean companies buying software and running it on the prem. How many users of the software they might have is up to them. 

@Markzolotoy 

Well, you do your analysis and take the best decision. I gave you all the options and it is not me who is going to know what is best for you 🙂 

Good luck

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors