Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lchindeko

Power BI Embedded and Dataflow

Hi everyone,

I trying to find in the Power BI documentation the following but not abaible to find any viable answer:

Is Dataflow available in Power BI Embedded?

Is Paginated Report available in Power BI Embedded?

If yes, those capability are available in which Power BI Embedded plan?

Best regards

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Dataflows features like linked and computed entities are available on both Premium and Embedded capacities. 

Not sure is Paginated Report supported Embedded capacity. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pbipdxdev

Is there a sample or documentation on how to use Power BI Embedded Dataflows functionality in a custom application (ASP.NET, Angular, React etc.)? 

antonfr
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

You can enable dataflow workload on Embedded capacity in capacity admin portal.

Is this what you had in mind?

Spoiler

Smiley Wink

set-password-never-expire.jpg

To be clear, can I create Dataflow with Power BI embedded, and execute them in the Embedded Capacity? 

So based on what you just said, I can enable the refresh and execution of my Dataflow inside of the embedded capacity. That is good if it is the case. Does Embedded capacity offer the same features as the Premium capacity, meaning computed entity and link entity?

Any information about Paginated Report executed in an Embedded capacity?

Many thanks for your answer

Laurent

Yes. Dataflows features like linked and computed entities are available on both Premium and Embedded capacities. 

Not sure is Paginated Report supported Embedded capacity. 

After being in touch with the Azure support, Paginated Report is also supported on Power BI Embedded starting with capacity A4 to A6.
The other 3 first capacities A1 to A3 can handle only Dataflow but not Paginated report.

For more detail you can check out the following page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium#workloads-in-premium-capacity

I hope this can help other who may have the same questions for they future applicaiton.

Best regards

Laurent

Keep in mind while Paginated Reports are available in A4 - A6, they aren't yet available through the Power BI API's.  The embedded team is working on enabling those over the next few months.

Chris

@chrisfin I use a PBI Premium (P1) capacity and trying to embed paginated reports in my application (using Power API's). The PBI service reports are working but not paginated reports (even though I can see the report name and other details in the JSON). If paginated reports are not working through API's, how else do we embed it on the application?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors