Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embedded Report

Hi,

I have an embedded report in a Model-driven app. But, when I try to open it in the app, it says I don't have permission. I am the owner of the report.

SeanHenderson_0-1636413150394.png

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks

Sean

9 REPLIES 9
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the following condition is met.

Users need to have the relevant Power BI license and authorization to consume content.

Please refer to the following document.

https://knowledgefrommanish.com/dynamics365/add-power-bi-embedded-as-system-dashboard-in-model-driven-apps/

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems there is nothing wrong with settings in Power BI. Please follow the next steps t o see if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embed-powerbi-report-in-system-form

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the embedded report built on Power BI Service? Plese try to open it in the Power BI Service and whethe it can open properly.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

The report was built on Power BI Desktop, then published to the service. I can open it and view it just fine in the Workspace it's published in and other users in the workspace can see it and work with it just fine as well.

I am not the owner of the workspace, does that matter?

Sean

Hi @Anonymous ,

Embedding Power BI content is an optional feature and is disabled on all environments by default. You must enable it before you can embed Power BI content.  More information: Enable Power BI visualizations in the organization.

This feature requires exporting a solution, modifying it to add the xml snippet, and then importing back into the environment. Be sure to import the changes on your target environment via a managed solution only. See Import, update, and export solutions for guidance on installing an update to an existing managed solution.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-rongtiep-msft 

I have the Power BI embedding turned on. If I create a report using a different Power BI workspace, it works fine. I don't need to edit the XML. I need to be able to use the workspace that already exists.

Is it a Power BI workspace setting that is preventing it? I am a co-owner of the workspace, so it shouldn't be a permissions issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

That's for embedding in a form, this is a dashboard that is added to the site map.

Sean

Hi @Anonymous ,

I still have some questions . Which function do you use for embedding report. Do you have the document about it?  In which workspace was the report created? My workspace or new workspace? Is it possible to test with another report to see if the same problem exists.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

For embedding the report, I just create a Power BI Embedded Dashboard:

SeanHenderson_0-1637029118374.png

SeanHenderson_1-1637029236005.png

If I try a different report, it still doesn't load. But if I take the same report and publish it into a different workspace, then I can see it.

I double checked, I am a member of the workspace, not an admin. Does that matter? Why would i be able to see my report in the Power BI Service, but not able to see it in the model driven app embedded dashboard?

Sean

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors