Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fanning
Regular Visitor

Power BI Embedded Refresh

Hi Community,

I have embedded a report on a web page by using the Embedded iframe script. The report uses Direct Query.

Now i really want to update the data in the report while the user stays on the page. I don't want to refresh the entire report, just refresh the data in the report.

Similar functionality to the Refresh button in PowerBI.com

777sadasdasdasds12d12.PNG

Is there anyway to do this, with an API or Javascript or REST or some other way....

I have searched high and low for a solution to this issue and really hope someone here can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi there. You can try this preview feature that says it works with embed:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-automatic-page-refresh#automatic-page-refresh-in-t...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi there. You can try this preview feature that says it works with embed:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-automatic-page-refresh#automatic-page-refresh-in-t...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks a lot.

I was actually looking for a way to have the website trigger a refresh - however, after testing this a little i realize this might actually work.

I will do a little testing and upload it to the website.

Hi @Fanning ,

Using Automatic page refresh is a good way. In fact, if Automatic page refresh is not configured, the report will also refresh when the user refreshes the browser page, you can try it.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Thanks for all your help, i am going with the automated refresh for now - later we might look into trigger an update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors