Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embed to Public Web and Tennacy Settings

Hi , 

I have use case where end users like to publish a report on public web.  As an admin, i would like govern what report is put on public web, I looked at the tennacy setting and i have the following controls. I not sure, which control enables only the Admin to generate the embed code after checking the data security. So basically the code generation needs to be done only by an AD group but the publised report should be made available to all without requiring login details. 

Is that possible ?

Choose how embed codes work
Only allow existing codes (only allows existing code to be live)
Allow existing and new codes (you will be able to create a new embed code from the published reports)
Apply to:
The entire organization (What these control does ?)
if i set to this option. the report works and does not require login from end user. 
Specific security groups (What these control does ?) if i set to this option and a AD group , the report does not work. it requires login from end user. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'll write a description on the options. The options are referred to who will be able to "publish to web" in the organization.

Apply to:

The entire organization This means every person with a power bi pro or free account can "Publish to Web" reports. 
Specific security groups WThis means only the accounts in the AD Group will be able to "Publish to Web" reports.

Another thing to take care is how you embed. You can "Publish to Web" (it means you create a link without login public in the internet) and embed website or portal (it means it will ask for microsoft professional account login before accessing in the report)

Hope this help, 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'll write a description on the options. The options are referred to who will be able to "publish to web" in the organization.

Apply to:

The entire organization This means every person with a power bi pro or free account can "Publish to Web" reports. 
Specific security groups WThis means only the accounts in the AD Group will be able to "Publish to Web" reports.

Another thing to take care is how you embed. You can "Publish to Web" (it means you create a link without login public in the internet) and embed website or portal (it means it will ask for microsoft professional account login before accessing in the report)

Hope this help, 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors