Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v5out

Power BI Desktop Navigator unusable - keeps jumping back to top of list on second use

I've connected Power BI Desktop running on a Win 7 laptop to a local MySQL database with a few tables and 147 columns total.

I used Navigator to select three tables and work with them.

Now when I try to use Navigator to select more data it's unusable. Specifically, the dialog box pops up but the vertical scroll bar always jumps back to the top of the list of columns as soon as I release the "thumb".

If I click in the vertical scroll bar below the thumb, the list scrolls very briefly and then jumps back up to the top again.

Saving the project, exiting Power BI and restarting with the saved project doesn't fix the problem. If I start an entirely new project, the Navigator works to get some initial data but then starts showing this same issue.

Anybody know a fix or workaround for this? For example, is there some way to select more data to work with not using the Navigator?

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I haven't seen this specifically but use the "SQL statement (optional)" drop down when creating a query and enter your SQL formula there to get more data. Don't use "Recent sources" when doing this, use Get Data | MySQL and enter your host and database name, click the "SQL statement (optional)" and enter SQL formula.

I just did this and added 3 tables and then another 2, no issues with Navigator scrolling. I'm on Windows 10 but not sure it should make a difference.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v5out

Also, I tried to use "Edit Queries" and then go to Recent Sources from there but that didn't work either. The Navigator column list does the same thing.

I haven't seen this specifically but use the "SQL statement (optional)" drop down when creating a query and enter your SQL formula there to get more data. Don't use "Recent sources" when doing this, use Get Data | MySQL and enter your host and database name, click the "SQL statement (optional)" and enter SQL formula.

I just did this and added 3 tables and then another 2, no issues with Navigator scrolling. I'm on Windows 10 but not sure it should make a difference.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors