Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dearrajkumar

Power BI Desktop Error Message

I am getting bellow error while pulling data from project online site through Odata feed . 

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: Invalid JSON. A comma character ',' was expected in scope 'Object'. Every two elements in an array and properties of an object must be separated by commas.
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData

Any help is apreciated .

Thanks,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TimMertens

Exact same issue here.

Also the 'Projects' grid on PWA fails to load (browser console error: Cannot read property 'MultiValueSeparator' of null).

I was able though to locate some projects that might be causing the issue after applying some filters to the view until the view was loading again (Server settings > Manage views). Not sure yet what's exactly causing the issue, but will post it as soon as I have more news!

Best Regards,

Tim

EDIT: One of the projects contained some weird characters, after updating this value, both OData feed and Projects grid worked like a charm. Good luck with finding your Project (in case it's the Projects feed that causes the error of course!).

ProjectNumber-weird characters.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TimMertens

Exact same issue here.

Also the 'Projects' grid on PWA fails to load (browser console error: Cannot read property 'MultiValueSeparator' of null).

I was able though to locate some projects that might be causing the issue after applying some filters to the view until the view was loading again (Server settings > Manage views). Not sure yet what's exactly causing the issue, but will post it as soon as I have more news!

Best Regards,

Tim

EDIT: One of the projects contained some weird characters, after updating this value, both OData feed and Projects grid worked like a charm. Good luck with finding your Project (in case it's the Projects feed that causes the error of course!).

ProjectNumber-weird characters.png

Thank you Tim for reply , I removed few projects which has orphan value for deleted custom field and issue resolved.

Regards,

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors