cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dearrajkumar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop Error Message

I am getting bellow error while pulling data from project online site through Odata feed . 

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: Invalid JSON. A comma character ',' was expected in scope 'Object'. Every two elements in an array and properties of an object must be separated by commas.
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData

Any help is apreciated .

Thanks,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimMertens New Member

Re: Power BI Desktop Error Message

Exact same issue here.

Also the 'Projects' grid on PWA fails to load (browser console error: Cannot read property 'MultiValueSeparator' of null).

I was able though to locate some projects that might be causing the issue after applying some filters to the view until the view was loading again (Server settings > Manage views). Not sure yet what's exactly causing the issue, but will post it as soon as I have more news!

Best Regards,

Tim

EDIT: One of the projects contained some weird characters, after updating this value, both OData feed and Projects grid worked like a charm. Good luck with finding your Project (in case it's the Projects feed that causes the error of course!).

ProjectNumber-weird characters.png

2 REPLIES 2
TimMertens New Member

Exact same issue here.

Also the 'Projects' grid on PWA fails to load (browser console error: Cannot read property 'MultiValueSeparator' of null).

I was able though to locate some projects that might be causing the issue after applying some filters to the view until the view was loading again (Server settings > Manage views). Not sure yet what's exactly causing the issue, but will post it as soon as I have more news!

Best Regards,

Tim

EDIT: One of the projects contained some weird characters, after updating this value, both OData feed and Projects grid worked like a charm. Good luck with finding your Project (in case it's the Projects feed that causes the error of course!).

ProjectNumber-weird characters.png

dearrajkumar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Tim for reply , I removed few projects which has orphan value for deleted custom field and issue resolved.

Regards,

Raj