Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Deployment Pipeline

Last night our Power BI tenant got an update and a new preview feature arrived. 😊

I went out and tried to use it immediately ofcourse. After creating a new workspace and publishing 1 report with live connection to a Azure Analysis tabular model, I clicked "Deploy to test". It created a new workspace for me called "workspace_name + [test]" and deployed the dataset to it. However the deployment seems to fail with deploying the report to the Test workspace.

DeploymentPipeline.png

In the documentation I could not find any limitation that would prevent this deployment. Any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12
venkijayaraman
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

We are also facing same issue while using deployment pipeline

from DEV to test

PROD to test 

with Something went wrong
Deployment couldn't be completed. If you contact Power BI support, please provide the operation ID: 
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Time: 6/5/2020, 3:42:03 PM
Service version: 13.0.13456.212
Client version: 2005.4.01272-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi guys, 

I find that the issue has been fixed. Can it work fine in your site?

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 

now it works!!!

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for sharing the message.😉 I will close the thread later.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Things are now working for me.  I was able to move content all the way through to production.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It's work fine with small datasets but I have still an error with large datasets (in my case 200Mo).

Regards,

emegallardog
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same issue, and I'm not in Europe.

I was able to develop the pipeline several times, and I was refreshing due some changes and I got the error

Error.JPG

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi guys,

I find there is a known issue about the new feature Deployment Pipeline. Please see the details to check if it is what happens to you.

>Users in large clusters like North Europe may fail to do Deployment from Dev to Test in Deployment Pipeline due to SQL timeout.

If you encounter the issue, please be patient. The engineer is fixing now.  If it doesn't match your situation, please try to create a support ticket.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI  

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Any update on this?  I'm trying to deploy a report and dataset to the test environment, but I'm gettting the some type of error.  My dataset was built using only objects from Power BI dataflows.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

we also faced the same issue in our first attempt to use the pipeline... Here the error message:

Something went wrong
Deployment couldn't be completed. If you contact Power BI support, please provide the operation ID: cf3b9cf8-c5e4-43a1-9d4d-553a34ee8a8b
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Time: 5/26/2020, 3:02:57 PM
Service version: 13.0.13322.215
Client version: 2005.2.01092-train

Cheers,
Edona

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Please open a support ticket or publish the technical details so we can have a look.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We encounter the same issue: workspaces and datasets correctly deployed but not reports.

Something went wrong
Deployment couldn't be completed. If you contact Power BI support, please provide the operation ID: 26a5e970-37e7-46a4-b3fb-8f07448c7c33
Time: 25/05/2020 à 13:47:51
Service version: 13.0.13322.215
Client version: 2005.2.01092-train

Regards,

Boris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors