Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Demo environment

Hi guys

Second, I will present in a Power BI session for my community in SQL group. The session is all about Power BI. I do not have or administer any Office 365 tenant or have any Power BI license for personal use.

Do you have a demo environment that someone like me can to use for demos?

Or how can I get a couple of Power BI accounts without having an Office 365 Tenant (which I don't have)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous,

first of all you can use the Client Tool -> Power BI Desktop is completely free. You can download it here. Here you can already test and work and do your demos.

If you also want to work with Power BI Service - you can work with a free 30 days license.

Regarding O365 tenant which is not needed for Power BI Desktop - here is a brief explanation what the O365 tenant is, when you need to manage users form your company that started working with PBI.

If you need futher help - let me know

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous,

first of all you can use the Client Tool -> Power BI Desktop is completely free. You can download it here. Here you can already test and work and do your demos.

If you also want to work with Power BI Service - you can work with a free 30 days license.

Regarding O365 tenant which is not needed for Power BI Desktop - here is a brief explanation what the O365 tenant is, when you need to manage users form your company that started working with PBI.

If you need futher help - let me know

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors