Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Datasource Advanced Options

I am using Power BI Admin API to return information on data source type, dataset name, workspace for analyst to review and use for projects.  Is there an option or another API that would return SQL Statement(s) or Table(s) selected under the Advance Options ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, if you want to get the scan ID, you should understand that the scan ID is included in the response from the workspaces or get info API that triggered the scan.

You can use this “Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo” rest API to get the scan ID within the response body and enter the workspace ID you wanted to scan in the request body.

To get the workspace ID, you can enter the workspace in the Power BI service and copy the ID after the "Group/"

vrobertqmsft_0-1632819236398.png

You can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/workspace-info-post-workspace-info

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, if you want to get the scan ID, you should understand that the scan ID is included in the response from the workspaces or get info API that triggered the scan.

You can use this “Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo” rest API to get the scan ID within the response body and enter the workspace ID you wanted to scan in the request body.

To get the workspace ID, you can enter the workspace in the Power BI service and copy the ID after the "Group/"

vrobertqmsft_0-1632819236398.png

You can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/workspace-info-post-workspace-info

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

Have you followed nickyvv’s suggestion to try this rest API and check if you can get the useful info you wanted to? Because you can get some statement info in the response body of this API.

If so, would you like to his reply as a solution so that others can also get some useful info from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

I believe the (fairly) new API Admin - WorkspaceInfo GetScanResult does this.

If you look at the examples you see the source queries in there:

nickyvv_0-1632316186377.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, my issue it how to get the Scan ID needed and call it from Power BI.    Any ideas, examples or suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors