Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Dataset file access to other users

Hi,

We have workspace that is created by X user. Workspace is shared to few users. Shared users are having read-only permissions. Owner of workspace account has been deleted. Reports are visible to other users, but they are not able to refresh the data.
Can you please help me on it.

Thanks
Srinivas

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you set up your datasource? Can you please provide more detail info? (e.g. datasource type, connection mode, configuration of datasource credentials...)

If you mean you turn on the 'use end users own credentials option' , these users also need to set up their data source credentials to enable refresh.

Azure SQL Database with DirectQuery

17.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xiaoxin Sheng for quick response.

User shared reports with read-only permissions. We are not able to see any more details like connect type and data source(mostly it would be excel or oracle database, not other data sources).

We would like to check his reports and workspace data that he created for organization.

Please help me with it.

Thanks

Srinivas

HI @Anonymous,

Is there any users has group admin permission to edit workspace contents? Maybe you can ask them to edit or make a copy of original content and update datasource settings to enable refresh.

Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365

You can ask your office/azure(old/new) admin to add admin permission to existing users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

As discussed with microsoft team, user details can not be retrieved who left organization more 28 days.

I think, your solutions won't work for my problem.

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

Srinivas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors