Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nikhi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dataflows not refreshing

Hi,

My dataflows stopped working all of a suuden from Friday and because of that my datasets stopped refreshing and I get DataFlowInternalerror.

As a test I tried adding a new dataflow using "Attach a Common data model folder" the 4th option but I get an error stating that you cannot add the CDM folder because the model definition file is not valid. I have done this so many times and it used to work perfectly fine.

Can someone please help with this error.

Regards,

Nikki

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikhi ,

There are a few requirements for creating dataflows from CDM folders, as the following list describes:

v-henryk-mstf_0-1623656030351.png

Please check if it is caused by the above reasons. link: Create a dataflow using a CDM folder

Another way that we can get the CDM folder path in Dataflow settings. If you try this, you should check if the path you getting is following the steps in above document. Configure and consume a dataflow - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your help on this.

I followed all the above steps and still the same issue. If I remove the cdm:traits from model.json file I can create the dataflow but when refreshing it I get the same error. Also by removing the cdm:traits I can see the tables in dataflow and choose them and it fails at the point of refresh. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors