Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AdamWidi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dataflows fails to refresh to On-Premesis SQL Server through Data Gateway

I have built a dataflow that connects to an on-prem SQL Server through the data gateway.  The designer works fine and I can build the dataflow, however the refresh fails with the following message. 

Error: Internal error Request ID: 10bc8b2f-e10c-4873-0c14-a737feba8d00 Activity ID: d19dbb59-dbb5-42a9-8bde-624532547291

Note, a PowerBI dataset can successfully refresh through the same data gateway connection.

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

when you download the CSV file with the error, is there anything else in the other fields?

And do other dataflows refresh successfully?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi.  Here is the contents of the CSV file with the error:

Run time14/02/2019 14:26:15
Dataflow nameWideWorldImporters
Dataflow refresh statusFailed
Entity nameCity
Start time14/02/2019 14:26:15
End time14/02/2019 14:26:16
Entity refresh statusFailed
ErrorError: Internal error Request ID: 10bc8b2f-e10c-4873-0c14-a737feba8d00 Activity ID: d19dbb59-dbb5-42a9-8bde-624532547291

I was able to get a dataflow that sources from an Azure SQL Database to refresh. 

The issue is with the on-premises source.

I did install the latest data gateway and confirmed that it works for Power BI Datasets.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks, Adam Widi

Hi there

Does your account have multi factor authentication enabled?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

No, we do not have multi factor authentication enabled at the moment.

Thanks, Adam

Hi @AdamWidi ,

Having the same issue too with On-Premise data source... Works fine with Dataset refreshing on demand and scheduled..

When building the data flow query online the gateway refreshes fine.. it's just once the query is saved, the refresh doesn't work on demand or scheduled.

I have tried with both MFA on and MFA off.

The query i am using grabs an on premise API data source which is using a Json function and Web contents function to return the table data.

I did notice the run time date in the CSV log states "invalid date"? anyway logged with MS for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors