cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmannhardt
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dataflows and ADLS Gen2 - Costs

When integrating Power BI Dataflows with ADLS Gen2, does the Azure Subscription incur any cost for read/write?  My assumption is that Power BI Premium covers both compute resources and costs, while ADLS only incurs storage in this scenario.  Is this correct, and also true for Computed Entities?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
alexgor87
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi!

Hope this will be helpful if still needed:

The dataflow created under a premium capacity license uses only the internal Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 storage, and won't be accessible by other platforms except Power BI itself. You can't create external dataflows just by having a Power BI Premium license; you need to have an Azure subscription for Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 as well.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dataflows/what-licenses-do-you-need-in-order-to-use-dat...

@venal  Thank you, however, I am not looking for pricing.

My question is; will the Azure Subscription Storage Account incur Read/Write Transaction costs for Dataflows created or accessed by Power BI?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors