Power BI Team

Re: Power BI Dataflow to Azure Data Lake Gen2 Setup

I'm still seeing failures due to missing Reader role, can you wait some time and try again and if that doesn't work remove the role and re-assign - it might be issue with role propagation in AAD. Please collect the errors messages you encounter along the way and share if my suggestion doesn't work.
Frequent Visitor

So, now it's working.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Maciek

Power BI Team

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to hear that.

If you can tell, can you please share which of the methods you've tried? Did you get it after waiting some time? Or was it after the removal/add things started to work?

This can help other forum readers, in addition, we would like to communicate this back to storage team as part of our efforts to improve the experience.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

First, I set access to powerbi folder on ADLS2 storage account using Storage explorer (1.6.1) and then i tried to enable connection PowerBI with ADLS2 without success.

Next i run script from Michael7 on the same storage account but nothing changed.

So I decided today to create new storage account and executing on them script from Michael7, then after correcting my mistake with missing  Read role (for PowerBI service) and waiting some time (around 30 minutes), connection from ADLS2 to PowerBI was created with success.

Regards

Maciek

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I've opted in for Insider Builds in ASE 1.6.1, set up Manage Access as required from the tutorial and assigned Power BI Service a Reader role for the storage account, but I still receive the following error when trying to connect the ADLS Storage from Power BI Service

Something went wrong
Error while connecting your Data Lake Storage account
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 0d0cb805-f647-4f2c-b60b-fcbba8ce312e
Request ID: 6cc12836-acaa-33cc-d0da-efc259f45004
Correlation ID: da689ea8-6789-520a-078b-f62f4827f184
Time: Tue Jan 08 2019 13:46:21 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7840.225
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Both my storage account and Power BI tenant are in region North Europe.

Can you please help me?

Frequent Visitor

Hi Picci, can you please try again with 1.6.2 insider build? that is the build that includes the needed fix.

Thanks. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi @sagivh, thanks for your support!

Can you please send me the downloand link? Check for Updates has no effect currently in my desktop application for ASE.

Thanks,

Elisa

Power BI Team

Picci, please note that 'Check for Updates' might take some time before a notification bar will appears notifying you a new version is available with an option to install it. If you click on update and nothing happens after few minutes, can you please try the "Roll Back To Public Build" option and then check for updates? Please let us know if it doesn't work for you.
Frequent Visitor

@yehong updating ASE to 1.6.2 I was able to connect Power BI Service to my ADL Store!!!! Too happy for that!

Thank you and @sagivh so much!

Frequent Visitor

My issue solved! Thank you yehong!