cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b5lurker
Advisor

Re: Power BI Dataflow to Azure Data Lake Gen2 Setup

I can confirm that I was able to run these steps and get the Dataflows setup with our ADLSg2 Data Lake in Azure! Smiley Happy

Thanks, now I can start to play with this new feature! Smiley Happy

Steve

BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi Micheal,

I managed to run the provided powershell script and the set up ran successfully. Set ACLs App has been successfully created and have Azure Storage Access on my data lake storage account as well as Read Permissions on the Azure Active Directory. I have added the objectId of this app to the powerbi folder on my storage account with full access.

There is still an issue with connecting Dataflows to the Azure Data Lake Gen2 account.

Error Message:

Something went wrong
Error while connecting your Data Lake Storage account
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDbd89f749-7e02-4af5-9f24-8de3dd9f3b42
Request IDf41b103f-e7fc-4694-a396-f82380a2fd90
Correlation ID1af2a28f-91c3-565b-346b-0bfca13e556c
TimeFri Jan 04 2019 11:21:04 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Summer Time)
Version13.0.7683.237

Can you please advise the solution for this.

Thanks

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
lhanegraaf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Thanks! I can also confirm that this works for me! Great work!

BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @lhanegraaf,

Can you please briefly explain what are the series of steps performed to make this work successfully.

It would be really appreciated! I am trying all the recommended steps as explained by @Michael7 but have no success.

This would really assist me in debugging the process.

Thanks,

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Power BI Team yehong
Power BI Team

Hi All,

Azure Storage Explorer version 1.6.2 is now available as an insider build, and I can confirm it has fixed the issue of setting ACLs as confirmed in its release notes: "In 1.6.1, entities added to ADLS Gen2 ACLs by ObjectId which were not users were always added as groups. Now, only groups are added as groups, and entities such as Enterprise Applications and Service Principals are added as users."

Here is what you can do to obtain it:

1. In Azure Storage Explorer, click on the Help menu, then Opt in to insider builds.

2. In Azure Storage Explorer, click on the Help menu, then Check for updates.

After a few moments, a notification bar will appear notifying you a new version is available with an option to install it. Once installation is complete, you can follow the instructions in Power BI documentation to complete the setup: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2

Please let us know if you encounter any issues with setting up storage using Azure Storage Explorer 1.6.2.

Power BI Team yehong
Power BI Team

Power BI Team yehong
Power BI Team

orashare92 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi I have the same problem. The resolution doesn't work for me. I still got the error: Something went wrong Error while connecting your Data Lake Storage account Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Activity ID: 76cd1c0f-ee44-4a80-a659-054ae87c5d51 Request ID: cafe05ad-a085-78a8-0fa1-7e19c61dbb8e Correlation ID: 7497d11e-8a5c-06cf-5a97-ccb11a97dd31 Time: Mon Jan 07 2019 08:50:19 GMT+0100 (Środkowoeuropejski czas stand.) Version: 13.0.7840.225 Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net Regards Maciek
Power BI Team yehong
Power BI Team

Hi orashare92, From looking at your traces it seems that Power BI Service miss required Reader role on storage as explained here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2#gra... Can you please make sure Reader role is set correctly and update us if you continue to experience problems?
orashare92 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

You're right. After many tests I created new storage account and i miss this step.

But even after adding Reader role to it the integration still doesn't work.

Something went wrong
Error while connecting your Data Lake Storage account
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 8c6c3ac3-ac67-4c4f-9433-0cf9ed8238c1
Request ID: b0ead637-031a-07ee-cb79-88ab611e177b
Correlation ID: b168ddcd-3e75-1a5e-8fd1-0fdb13396aa0
Time: Mon Jan 07 2019 10:05:00 GMT+0100 (Środkowoeuropejski czas stand.)
Version: 13.0.7840.225
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Regards

Maciek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 3,692 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: