Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

morty9091
Employee
Employee

Power BI Dataflow ISSUE - Not Able to Connect to Analysis Services

Hello, please, I`m facing an annoying nonsense issue. I want to connect to an Azure Analysis Services via POWER BI DATALOW, but when I try to use the ORGANIZATIONAL ACCOUNT METHOD, because this is how it works with all other datasources within the company, there is a Pop up error message that does not allow me to input my credentials.

See the image with the error. NOTE: i'm able to connect to the same server via EXCEL and Power BI Desktop..the only issue is with Power BI dataflow.

ERRORERROR

8 REPLIES 8
morty9091
Employee
Employee

Hi Friend, I was able to get the full server name, but now I`m getting a different error:

LocalStorage is being blocked. Please enable local storage and try signing in again. Depending on your browser, this may require enabling cookies or trackers for this site. (Session ID: 9acfde38-e301-4117-ba7b-116979626259, Region: usfr)

morty9091_0-1652791950103.png

Any Idea what this could be?

Hi @morty9091,

Could you please check the settings of your browser and enable LocalStorage support for it if it has been disabled?

Here is a reference blog for Google Chrome browser: How to enable LocalStorage support in Google Chrome browser - Techglimpse. Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @morty9091,

Here is an existing ICM for such kind of issue(307653893).

Please make sure your credential is correct and it can be used to retrieve data from Azure Analysis Service. You could check it with Azure Analysis Services connector from Power BI Desktop. Connect to Azure Analysis Services with Power BI | Microsoft Docs

After that, if there isn’t any problem with the credential itself, please replace the Server name in dataflow creation page with the full domain name to see whether this issue will still happen. Thanks in advance!

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Hello, thank you for the update. 

I'm also waiting for the engineering team to reply me back, see if there is any gateway requirement for this specific AS connection. I expect to have this addressed by end of this week, but if you have new on this before me, let me know.

All the best

Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for the team to provide me the DOMAIN/SERVER name so I cant test it out.  I'll keep you posted

Hi @morty9091,

Got it and looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

I replied in the post, please, let me know if you can take a look.

Hi @morty9091,

Got inform from the product group said that It’s a known issue(ICM 307200975). Power BI customers using Azure DevOps Server connector may experience issues connecting from desktop and users who already have connection established and report published might experience credentials errors when refreshing the dataset. Product group is working on the fix and will update the expected fix time when available.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors