Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JHob
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Dataflow Connection issue

Hi

Is anyone experiencing issues with Power BI Dataflows.  I am getting the following error when I try and edit any of the queries.

JHob_0-1613376162262.png

This is happening in Power BI Dataflows that I have a gateway setup for a MySQL database, as well as a gateway for a PostGreSQL database

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JHob
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Nicky

I found out that I needed to reselect the gateway under Options and Project Options in order for it to connect.  However evertime I save the dataflow and then reopen it I have the same situation and need to reselect Options and Project Options

View solution in original post

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHob ,

v-yuaj-msft_0-1613719018971.png

Troubleshooting dataflow issues - connection to the data source | Microsoft Docs

Did you change the type of data source connected? The data source used in the Power Query editor in Power BI Desktop here is different from the one in the configure connection. If so, it is best to make sure that the configuration and credentials used in the front and back ends are the same.

Best  Regards,

Yuna

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHob ,

v-yuaj-msft_0-1613719018971.png

Troubleshooting dataflow issues - connection to the data source | Microsoft Docs

Did you change the type of data source connected? The data source used in the Power Query editor in Power BI Desktop here is different from the one in the configure connection. If so, it is best to make sure that the configuration and credentials used in the front and back ends are the same.

Best  Regards,

Yuna

David2021

I have the same problem, please, if you solve the problem, let us know.

tonylee
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this problem - I have dataflows that have worked for months. They are clearly still working and the scheduled and on-demand refreshes occur perfectly. But when I go into edit them I get the configure connection error. I have been through the workaround to re-hookup the gateway and reenter my credentials and all is good, and I can work on the flow. But when I save and go back into edit I have to go through the workaround again. So not a practical ongoing workaround. I'm glad that it appears not only to be me!

hvanstalle
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue.

Same issue for me too. Very frustrating.

JHob
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Nicky

I found out that I needed to reselect the gateway under Options and Project Options in order for it to connect.  However evertime I save the dataflow and then reopen it I have the same situation and need to reselect Options and Project Options

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JHob,

and what happens/which error do you see when you click on Configure connection?

Remember that PQ is case-sensitive, so make sure to use the proper case of the connection (server + database).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors