Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHob
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Dataflow Connection issue

Hi

Is anyone experiencing issues with Power BI Dataflows.  I am getting the following error when I try and edit any of the queries.

JHob_0-1613376162262.png

This is happening in Power BI Dataflows that I have a gateway setup for a MySQL database, as well as a gateway for a PostGreSQL database

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JHob
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Nicky

I found out that I needed to reselect the gateway under Options and Project Options in order for it to connect.  However evertime I save the dataflow and then reopen it I have the same situation and need to reselect Options and Project Options

View solution in original post

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHob ,

v-yuaj-msft_0-1613719018971.png

Troubleshooting dataflow issues - connection to the data source | Microsoft Docs

Did you change the type of data source connected? The data source used in the Power Query editor in Power BI Desktop here is different from the one in the configure connection. If so, it is best to make sure that the configuration and credentials used in the front and back ends are the same.

Best  Regards,

Yuna

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JHob ,

v-yuaj-msft_0-1613719018971.png

Troubleshooting dataflow issues - connection to the data source | Microsoft Docs

Did you change the type of data source connected? The data source used in the Power Query editor in Power BI Desktop here is different from the one in the configure connection. If so, it is best to make sure that the configuration and credentials used in the front and back ends are the same.

Best  Regards,

Yuna

David2021

I have the same problem, please, if you solve the problem, let us know.

tonylee
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this problem - I have dataflows that have worked for months. They are clearly still working and the scheduled and on-demand refreshes occur perfectly. But when I go into edit them I get the configure connection error. I have been through the workaround to re-hookup the gateway and reenter my credentials and all is good, and I can work on the flow. But when I save and go back into edit I have to go through the workaround again. So not a practical ongoing workaround. I'm glad that it appears not only to be me!

hvanstalle
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue.

Same issue for me too. Very frustrating.

JHob
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Nicky

I found out that I needed to reselect the gateway under Options and Project Options in order for it to connect.  However evertime I save the dataflow and then reopen it I have the same situation and need to reselect Options and Project Options

nickyvv
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @JHob,

and what happens/which error do you see when you click on Configure connection?

Remember that PQ is case-sensitive, so make sure to use the proper case of the connection (server + database).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors