Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Dashboard refresh messes up data

Hi all, 

Whenever i (manually or scheduled) refresh my dataset behind my dashboard, it messes up on of the tiles. This is very annoying because the only solution known to me, is re-uploading the original PBIX file, and re-pinning the same tile again. 1.PNG2.PNG

What happens:

- Refreshing the dataset of the report messes up 1 tile. It is always the same tile. A line graph where a measserument is combined with dates. 

- It empties the tile (completely blank), it also empties the page of the report. It does show the "outline" of the tile, but the data in it is gone.

- Downloading the report from the online service (after refreshing) will make the data useless. It cannot be redeveloped in the same file. 

- Refreshing again does not solve the problem.

- Refreshing in the desktop application works perfectly, so the query works (it is slower, compared to other queries). This only works if the file is not yet affected by the online service.

- Authentication is valid, it does refresh the other data correctly. 

Any ideas how to solve it?

Regards,

André

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What datasource do you use? And do you install a data gateway(personal or On-premises model) and add datesource in the gateway? If your data source come from external instead, you should configure a gateway first, then add the datasource. In addition, what error message did you get? You can follow the article to troubleshoot it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thank you for your message. I'm using Dynamics 365 as a source, and we never had to use a gateway before. Until now it run smoothly for quiet some time, but since yesterday it started acting up. The tile in question was added yesterday, but the query has been used in reports before. 

It does not show me any error message, just an empty white tile. 

I will try and configure a gateway, maybe that works!

Regards,

André

Hi @Anonymous,

The similar issue has been reported internally, the ICM is: 52343868, we will post the update if there is any feedback. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors