Whenever i (manually or scheduled) refresh my dataset behind my dashboard, it messes up on of the tiles. This is very annoying because the only solution known to me, is re-uploading the original PBIX file, and re-pinning the same tile again.
- Refreshing the dataset of the report messes up 1 tile. It is always the same tile. A line graph where a measserument is combined with dates.
- It empties the tile (completely blank), it also empties the page of the report. It does show the "outline" of the tile, but the data in it is gone.
- Downloading the report from the online service (after refreshing) will make the data useless. It cannot be redeveloped in the same file.
- Refreshing again does not solve the problem.
- Refreshing in the desktop application works perfectly, so the query works (it is slower, compared to other queries). This only works if the file is not yet affected by the online service.
- Authentication is valid, it does refresh the other data correctly.
Any ideas how to solve it?
What datasource do you use? And do you install a data gateway(personal or On-premises model) and add datesource in the gateway? If your data source come from external instead, you should configure a gateway first, then add the datasource. In addition, what error message did you get? You can follow the article to troubleshoot it.
Thank you for your message. I'm using Dynamics 365 as a source, and we never had to use a gateway before. Until now it run smoothly for quiet some time, but since yesterday it started acting up. The tile in question was added yesterday, but the query has been used in reports before.
It does not show me any error message, just an empty white tile.
I will try and configure a gateway, maybe that works!
The similar issue has been reported internally, the ICM is: 52343868, we will post the update if there is any feedback. Thanks for understanding.