cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dashboard URL link defaulting to recently viewed items

I have a Power Bi report which I have included the Power Bi dashboard URL so that when the report is exported to PowerPoint the readers of the PowerPoint can access the Power Bi dashboard and interactive Power BI report if they wish. The issue I am having is that when the report is exported to PowerPoint and the URL is clicked on from PowerPoint it brings up the Power Bi sign in page even if the user is already signed into Power Bi. Upon signing in it brings up the recently viewed items rather than the specific Power Bi dashboard. The URL works fine if it is copied and pasted to the browser or clicked on from the report in the Power Bi service but not when clicked on in the PowerPoint extracted report.

Any ideas why this happens or how to correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power BI Dashboard URL link defaulting to recently viewed items

Hi Amy,

I have gotten responses from the Product Team. They will fix it. The workaround for now is manually updating the url and adding noSignupCheck=1 at the end, so the url would be something like

https://app.powerbi.com/reports/b0feb82a-9bb5-4f9******2f6dbd8edf?pbi_source=PowerPoint&noSignupCheck=1

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @amyjefferson,

I could reproduce the same problem as yours. I have reported this problem internally, I will update here once I get any responce.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@amyjefferson

Update:  CRI 52938071

Regards,

Yuliana 

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Yuliana,

Am I able to view that ticket? I have tried search but unable to find.

thanks

Amy

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft was there an update on this?

thanks

Amy

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Amy,

I have gotten responses from the Product Team. They will fix it. The workaround for now is manually updating the url and adding noSignupCheck=1 at the end, so the url would be something like

https://app.powerbi.com/reports/b0feb82a-9bb5-4f9******2f6dbd8edf?pbi_source=PowerPoint&noSignupCheck=1

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-jiascu-msft The workaround no longer seems to be working, it opens Power Bi in two tabs and both state the report cannot be found. Any suggestions.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Amy, thanks for this solution.  This really helped!!

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I was having this same issue with hyperlinks to Power BI Reports from Excel and Word. The &noSignupCheck=1 works for these Office hyperlinks as well. Thank you for the solution.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please be mindful that if the url parameter is the only one added to url, you should use '?' instead of '&'. I rushed into copying the '&noSignupCheck=1' to my link and failed to notice that, unlike the example provided above, that would be the single url parameter, and therefore it required adjustments ('?noSignupCheck=1'). I can certify this workaround is working for me as of now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors