Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ansh2425
Regular Visitor

Power BI Dashboard Tile not Refreshing on slicer change in the report

Hi,

I pinned a chart from a report to power bi dashboard.

I have 4 slicers in that report.. so I have changed on of them and all visuals in that report got refreshed and changed.

But on the dashboard I can't see that change.

If I have some changes in the dataset then it's getting that change, but not filtering.

Please help me with this.. I need both report visual and dashboard tiles are in sync.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansh2425 ,

Currently, The pinned visual displayed on dashboard won't be filtered by the slicer selection displayed on source report page. In Power BI service, you can only pin entire report page which contains slicer to your dashboard by selecting Pin Live Page in the top navigation bar. This way, you can use the slicer to filter the chart within the tile. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue Ding,

Thank you, but that won't work for me.

I'm using embedded power bi. I have 13 reports and from each report I picked a visual and pinned to dashboard.

So I have 13 tiles on dashboard.(I don't want to pin all 13 reports as live pages because I'm using that dashboard in my application.)

Is there anyway to acheive this by using power bi javascript.

Hi @ansh2425 ,

I have no experience with java script for your requirement. I think you may test it by yourself. And except for scripts, there is no idea that can implement it.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors