Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power BI Cloud Login without Office365

Hi Everyone,

Can we create Power BI account without Office 365 account. AD is on local environment. Can we register to Power BI Pro for 60 day trial for customer?

Thanks for help.

Thanks -

Habib

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@HabibThis admin guide should answer a lot of these questions. You don't really have a choice here, if you sign up for the Power BI service, you are essentially registering the domain of the company. Azure AD is set up to support the online users. If you need to keep the Azure AD and on premises AD synced there are multiple options for that. If they can't sign up, then I would imagine that someone has already registered the domain of the company...

Some more details around that here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Habib,

Based on my research, we are not able to use the local AD account to sign up the Power BI Service. Power BI requires a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. See: Self-service sign up for Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft for the response.

we are not using any consumer email. Our customer has local AD configured and now they want to use Power BI cloud service. As they don't have Azure AD account they are unable to create login on PowerBI.com.

Can you please help in this regard.

@HabibThis admin guide should answer a lot of these questions. You don't really have a choice here, if you sign up for the Power BI service, you are essentially registering the domain of the company. Azure AD is set up to support the online users. If you need to keep the Azure AD and on premises AD synced there are multiple options for that. If they can't sign up, then I would imagine that someone has already registered the domain of the company...

Some more details around that here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_BauerThanks for your reply.

I am confused on one thing if you could please help. Microsoft is offering Pro license in $10/Month/User but if we don't have any Office 365 license then this license cost will be increased including the $ amount for Office 365. Is this true asumption?

@Habib If I understand your question correctly, you want to know "if" at a future date you get the O365 license if you would be paying 2x for the Pro license?

The only O365 license that includes the Power BI subscription is the E5 license. If there was a move at a future date and you would want upgrade to the license, I would imagine you could reach out to your local MS sales rep at that time to absorb the cost. Or, if that time comes, I "believe" you could just remove the Power BI stand alone license and the new E5 license applied would keep the Pro license active.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors