Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Cache

I would like to confirm if my understanding on the power Bi cache is correct:

1. Power BI (service) maintains cache on a dashboard level for tiles. Does it do the same for reports too?

2. Is the cache shared beween all the users all over the world ( suppose no row level security is applied) ?

3. Is the cache maintained for any number of selectons a users makes?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SwayamSelf,

Do you mean the cache refresh in dashboard? You can set cache refresh which will automactically refresh data without refreshing the browser in a configured interval such as 15min. Unfortunately, report doesn't have such setting, the schedule refresh for report is achieve data from data source, not from cache. In addtion, there's no relationship between dashboard cache and number of selections by user.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-yuta-msft, for your reply.

I am not mentioning about cache refresh.

I am tring to understand cache retainment for reports.

So the scenarion is this:

Suppose I would like to share a PBI report with one page only with my users . Please note I am sharing report not dashboard with tiles.

First time the user opens the report its takes 10 secs to fully load.

Is it possible that the next time the user opens (within 15 mins) the report will take <10 secs ? 

This will only be possible if the report has stored cache for the first time load.

Also if another user changes the filter selection from A to B suppose, will the cache be stored i this case too?

Hi,

Did you get the solution for this? I am also looking for something similar!!

Regards,

Shreyas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors