Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexanderjyang
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Apps - Dashboard redirect to Reports

Dear all,

Today, I have noticed that the Dashboards pinned and added to sections in a Power BI app jumped/redirected to the reports within the Workspace. This has never happened to me before, I have gone through all the setting on the service and could not find anything to fix it. All the dashboards have been pinned from visuals within the reports, and once the App is published, the report consumers use the link to the App should use the navigation pannel and click the dashboard and access the reports within the App environment, not jumpping back to the workspace where I have other reports that are not visible to the consumers.

Could some help me to resolve this problem I am experiencing? Has there been an official MS global upgraded that causing this issue or there is a button or something I can switch to ask the dashboard don't jump back to Workspaces?

Thank you in anticipations! 

3 REPLIES 3
alexanderjyang
Frequent Visitor

Just an update, the tiles within the App are working as "normal"/before now! Yahoo!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexanderjyang ,

This is by design. From this official document, you can see that you may decide that when a consumer selects a tile, instead of opening the report that was used to create that tile, a new dashboard displays instead.

1.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry to tell you that's the default behavior. Dashboards are not always useful. The good news is that you can change that. The bad news is that you have to change it tile by tile. You can edit the tile in a dashboard in the top right three dots. Option menu edit tile. Then you can change the redirection with any external link you want. Like this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-edit-tile#change-the-defa...

Hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors