Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cheyenne_Jacobi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI App stuck on "Building your app"

We have a couple of Power BI Apps that is stuck on Building your app icon for multiple people across multiple browsers.  The Apps previously loaded until late last week and started an endless load screen.  The App loads for some people while others are stuck on the load screen.  We have attempted to clear cache, restart their equipment, update the App, and republish the report and update the App without a resolution.  Today a few people reported the Apps loading in Edge but not in firefox, loading in Firefox but not Chrome, and others withthe Apps still failing in Edge, Chrome and Firefox.  All have access to the App and has previously loaded the Apps successfully before last week.  We are on Premium.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cheyenne_Jacobi
Frequent Visitor

@hhliu , @Mirjam and @Anonymous 
MS has posted that they are aware of the issue and will have a fix in place on 10/10/21 with a work around option available as well.  The fix did not work for our app so the MS support team reviewed the issue in a teams meeting and concluded the resolution was to implement the work-around.  Use the work-around if your V1 workspace App continue to have the issue.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Awareness

Power BI customers opening apps in V1 workspaces may experience the apps not progressing beyond, "Building your app…." Engineers have identified the root cause and the fix is expected to be deployed by end of the day of 10/10/2021.

Workaround:
1. Customers can upgrade their workspaces from V1 to V2.
2. Remove the impacted users from the V1 workspace access list. Next, add the users to the App sharing list and update the App.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cheyenne_Jacobi ,

If the question has been solved, you can mark the correct response as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Henry

Cheyenne_Jacobi
Frequent Visitor

@hhliu , @Mirjam and @Anonymous 
MS has posted that they are aware of the issue and will have a fix in place on 10/10/21 with a work around option available as well.  The fix did not work for our app so the MS support team reviewed the issue in a teams meeting and concluded the resolution was to implement the work-around.  Use the work-around if your V1 workspace App continue to have the issue.

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Awareness

Power BI customers opening apps in V1 workspaces may experience the apps not progressing beyond, "Building your app…." Engineers have identified the root cause and the fix is expected to be deployed by end of the day of 10/10/2021.

Workaround:
1. Customers can upgrade their workspaces from V1 to V2.
2. Remove the impacted users from the V1 workspace access list. Next, add the users to the App sharing list and update the App.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand the workaround how can I do this? 

I followed the instruction below to upgrade the old version workspaces. No issue happened during the process but I still backed up all my reports, workspace settings, access lists, row level security, and app permission just in case.  App should be open right after the workspace upgrade completed successfully.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-upgrade-workspaces

Upgrade your workspace to v2.  We had another app that started working after the workspace upgrade.  If your app continues not working then unpublish the current app followed by creating the app again to see if the app starts loading.  If it continues not to load then create a support ticket with MS for assistance.

Thanks!! The workaround solved my problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, problem has been solved from me.

I have to wait a while after the scheduled refresh. Works afterwards. 

hhliu
Frequent Visitor

Same here, but the issue is only happened to the ones with the Azure Analysis Services as the data soruce. 

Mirjam
Regular Visitor

Thank you for posting this!

We also have the same problem. The app worked fine last week, but is now stuck on "building your app". Some of our other apps do work, though.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check the memory pressure on your capacity (or capacities). Check the eviction statistics. Redistribute workspaces between capacities. Restart the capacities.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem for me.

App worked fine last week now it is just stuck on "building your app..."

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors