cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodsingamsett Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI App: no usage metrics?

@arthurgasparini : I can't see the option called App usage Matrix under the distribution list. can you pease let me know do th power bi Admin need to enable this option?

arthurgasparini Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @vinodsingamsett , happy to help.

It might be called something else, as far as I am aware it will be called "Content Pack: 'app space name'"

If you know what is the name of your App Space, it should be right next to Content Pack. Can you see Content Pack in the Distribution list?

Hope this helps!

vinodsingamsett Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@arthurgasparini Thanks for the reply, I am having the below mentioned options. i have shared apps to the few people and asked them to view the apps and reports. non of the options are not belons to the Apps.

Capture.PNG

bbarth Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I see the same thing. Anyone find a solution yet?

Highlighted
wilx Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution through trial and error.  The key is to remove the page level filter on the report name from the generated usage metrics report. 

As it turns out, the reports in workspace and the shared report in the app have different report IDs.  The default filter only selects the report in the Workspace for viewing.  If we change the filter on the usage report we will be able to see the usage of either or both instances of the report.

These are the steps I used:

1. From the report listing in the Workspace, click the metrics button to the right of the report to generate a usage metrics report.

2. Save the generated report by selecting File -> Save as

3. Open the saved report and select Edit Report (You won't be able to do this unless you save the report first)

4. Examine the page level filter (or was it the report level filter?  I can't remember exactly) and adjust/remove it as appropriate

5. Further customisation of the report is also possible

Hint: There is a table called "Reports" in the dataset, which has two fields: "DisplayName" and ReportGUID".  If you have published the report to an App, a new GUID is created for the App version but the display names of both the Workspace and App versions remain the same.  Furthermore, Power BI also keeps tracks of usage metrics reports by assigning them GUID's respectively.  In order to identify them, a quick trick is to add a Table visualisation on the page, and drop both fields from the Reports table on it.  With this insight you can set a filter by the appropriate ReportGUID.

I hope this helps someone, because it will make my hour spent on fiddling around this issue more worthwhile Smiley Happy.

ShaWo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, this did help Smiley Happy

rajeev Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Wilx, for saving our time in researching is issue.