Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fishleaf
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI App Share Limit is 500 people?

Hello,

I just tried to add all of the right people so that they have access to the App, but it is telling me I can only email 500 contacts at a time. I tried deleting some and then saving (which worked) and then went back in to add the others (there are 655 in total) and it is still not working, I get the same message. Does that mean that there is a limit of 500 users that I can share this App with (and the message is slightly wrong), or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Matthew500.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@fishleaf new hearing about a share threshold, but is there a reason you don't just create one Active Directory distribution list and share with that?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gmaciel
Advocate I
Advocate I

It does look like a bug, since I'm not trying to e-mail all the users at once. If I have 499 users and try to add one more, I expect that the notification will be sent just to this one, and not to all 500. Maybe the e-mail limitation is also limiting the total users by mistake.

Does anyone have a solution not involving the AD list?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the limit really 500, or just adding 500 at once?  Looking at your screenshot, that looks like the box you use to enter your addresses.

@fishleaf new hearing about a share threshold, but is there a reason you don't just create one Active Directory distribution list and share with that?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

This is a great idea! I didn't think of this before! Thanks a lot for your help!!

I agree with @Seth_C_Bauer, creating an Active Directory Distribution list would also make the management of the sharing a lot easier

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors