Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AW1976NOVA
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI App - Personal Workspace Reports Failing to refresh????

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced widespread issues within their personal workspace this week.

Personally, I've ran in to issues where my reports are failing to refresh.  Keep in mind these same 7 dashboards have been sitting on my personal workspace for well over 6 months and I've never had an issue with them failing to refresh.

I also ran in to issues where a new Power BI Dashboard Report failed to Publish to my Personal Workspace on Wednesday...but that issue seems to have fixed itself as I am now able to Publish.

The only current remaining and serious issue I'm having is that the reports sitting on my personal workspace that I rely on to refresh are failing to do so.

Any ideas why this might be?  I've changed nothing, and my gateway is still up and running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally figured out what was going on with my Power BI Workspace Refresh issue(s). Turns out, because roughly 2 weeks a co-worker and I switched over the cloud dataset on our Premium workspace.

It was originally created by him and we updated ownership to me.  No idea why that would impact my personal workspace but I'm thinking it did.

All I needed to do was to manually go in to each report on my personal workspace and 'kick start' the gateway for each report.  By 'kick start' I mean simply clicking on the gateway and making it active (although it was already active).

Doing this allows the 'Accept' button to appear.

That kind of refreshed the gateway I think and the credentials followed.  This seemed to work for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AW1976NOVA 

Can you update successfully now? Powerbi has been updated recently, not sure if there are temporary problems or bugs.

What's the data source for the report with the problem? Will it refresh normally if you move to another workspace?

Is the gateway updated to the latest version? Try to update the software to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Janey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Finally figured out what was going on with my Power BI Workspace Refresh issue(s). Turns out, because roughly 2 weeks a co-worker and I switched over the cloud dataset on our Premium workspace.

It was originally created by him and we updated ownership to me.  No idea why that would impact my personal workspace but I'm thinking it did.

All I needed to do was to manually go in to each report on my personal workspace and 'kick start' the gateway for each report.  By 'kick start' I mean simply clicking on the gateway and making it active (although it was already active).

Doing this allows the 'Accept' button to appear.

That kind of refreshed the gateway I think and the credentials followed.  This seemed to work for me.

DMSJennifer
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same issue. File was working perfectly (for almost a year) and all of a sudden, it fails to load or is extremely slow. 

Hopefully someone can help us?

Jennifer

AW1976NOVA
Post Patron
Post Patron

Capture2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors