Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

katherine2999
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Alert Frequency

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is anyway we can configure the alert frequency. I know we can use logic apps, but the frequency there is not used, because Power BI Service only send out alert either every hour or every day. Can frequency be customized?

Regards,

Kathy

2 REPLIES 2
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Has anyone else used alerts much? I've been using them recently and found them to be VERY limited!

I have a dataset that refreshes every hour at a certain time, and an Alert set up based on this refresh if a value goes below a certain threshold. I have configured the Alert to be at most once an hour (the lowest granularity).

The issue is that data finishes refreshing at different times. So in the example below, I don't get an Alert for the latest refresh because it is like 30secs within the hour, which is really poor if you have something critical you need to be notified of!

Capture.PNG

Ideally you should be able to get an alert regardless if it was within the last hour or not.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @katherine2999,

Currently, we are not able to customize the notification frequency  of data alert. Regarding to this issue, you can submit a feature request in the Power BI ideas forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors