Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MertUzan
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Admin need to access all the reports in groups

Hello,

As a Power BI administrator and main report developer in my company, I need to access to all the reports that our organisation has created so far. Unfortunately, there has been around 200 groups and more than half of them are Personal Workspaces, and old AD Groups. I need a way to access them in order to migrate them from Power BI website to Power BI Premium Sever, but I am adding my account to all office 365 groups one by one and I don't know what I can do with Personal Workspaces.
I use PowerBI Api and Audit Logs to track the users and their workspaces (if it is Personal or Group).

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MertUzan ,

Maybe you can use the API to allocate capacity for each workspace, thereby avoiding adding yourself to each workspace.

Capacities AssignWorkspacesToCapacity 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Ignore the personal workspaces, they don't go onto Premium anyway.

For all others, do what you are doing - add yourself to the workspace, run your API calls, remove yourself  from the workspace. 

If you are only interested in active reports you can use the Tenant audit logs instead.

Hello,

Sorry but I might be extending the question, but is there an easy way to add a user to all the Workspace for Power BI Admin (Some of them are groups which can only be administrated in Office 365).
Also as an Admin, is there a way to access to the Personal Workspaces. The staff that used them were not trained to put into common Workspaces, so it is quite difficult to manage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors