Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stevenbi

Power BI Admin Portal > Capacity Settings is blank

Hi Community,

I created an A1 Power BI Embed resource on Azure. Then I switch back to Power BI Admin Portal, then go to "Capacity Settings". The strange thing is that the page is empty or blank. I cannot see or assign the new Azure Embed resource.

Related screenshot has been attached.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Untitled.png

10 REPLIES 10
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevenbi

After creating Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal, to use your new Power BI Embedded capacity, browse to the Power BI admin portal to assign workspaces. For more information, see Manage capacities within Power BI Premium and Power BI Embedded.

From this article, it should be noted that "Capacity admins, for Power BI Embedded capacity, are defined within the Microsoft Azure portal."

8.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

The capacity settings are blank because it is trial version. You may have the license for Pro but doesn't mean that you have premium capacity.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens when you try and create a new App Workspace do you see the option in there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The Azure Power BI Embed resource is running and active.

At first, I thought it may be because region of Azure and Power BI service is at different location. Then the double check shows they're both in same region (Australia Southeast) like below:

Untitled.png

Hi there

I had a look at my Power BI Tenant and it is also coming up as Blank when going into the Admin Portal

I was aware of issues with quite a few of the Azure Data Centre's which might still be happening?

Power BI Blog

Thank you for checking. It's good to know we're not alone. 🙂

Strange thing is that the service checking shows no issue for the regions at this moment.

I will keep monitor this issue and may get back update the status later.

Untitled.png

Hi there

When I tried another tenant that I have, which does have Premium Capacity I could see the settings. So possibly there might be something going on that we are unaware of.

Power BI Blog

Then it seems like the problem only happens to Power BI Embeded.

I googled several times and couldn't find any related issues. It's kind of frustrated it dosn't give any error message for further troubleshooting.

But thanks for checking and sharing, mate.

No worries

Power BI Blog

Thank you for the follow-up, Gilbert, 🙂

Here is what I get when try to create new app workspace. As you see the "Dedicated Capacity" in Advanced is grayed out. It's the not available in existing app workspace setting either.

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors