Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rodneyc8063
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI Admin Portal - Usage Metrics -> Most Consumed Packages by Users? (Treemap) - What is this?

I have a hopefully pretty easy question for the admin folks 🙂

So my organization recently purchased Power BI Premium and are just getting our feet wet in terms of all the options available. 

While my manager was showing us the admin portal he quickly glazed over the "Usage Metrics" tab

I noticed that there was a tree map with the title "Most Consumed Packages by Users"

packages.jpg

I was able to find some documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal that mentions the tree map briefly

But the title of the chart throws me off a bit - As when I think of a package, I think of PL/SQL or like packages of code.

In this case, the documentation says its data sources?

So I just wanted to confirm, does this chart show the top "data sources" that are being consumed?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @rodneyc8063  - Yes, the Tree map visual displays the most connected Data sources - as mentioned in the documentation this visual shaows the %age breakup by Data source type. 

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @rodneyc8063  - Yes, the Tree map visual displays the most connected Data sources - as mentioned in the documentation this visual shaows the %age breakup by Data source type. 

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Many thanks @Sumanth_23 !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors