Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhi_PBIUser
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Action Update Data source change not working (InvalidRequest) during CI/CD through Devops

Dear Team,

I'm already deploying Power BI reports through Azure devops and performing CI/CD.
Some pipelines are changing data source and credentials when report is moving from dev to UAT but some of them are throwing error as "InvalidRequest".

I'm using SPN to publish reports and SPN has contributor role in all the workspaces.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Didn't find anything but figured out that your SPN should be the owner of the dataset and while changing servers, It'll by default retain the old server.

So please remove the update credentials step from the release pipeline and you’re good to go.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abhi_PBIUser ,

There is a blog that introduce how we can implement source control and CICD for Power BI using Azure DevOps. Please refer it, hope it could help you.

For more details, you can read related document: PowerBI - CICD using Azure DevOps - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-binbinyu-msft 

I'm doing the same and performing CI/CD from a while now.

Issue is that I want to overcome with the error I'm getting while performing those actions.

I'm doing the exactly same thing mentioned in the blog.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors