Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajaffeeattmz
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Button 1,000 row limit

I am trying to pull data from a Power BI table into Power Automate using a Power Automate visual (button) and I am limited to 1,000 rows.  I have seen that it is possible to increase this to 15,000 or 30,000 rows but I have not found the "how" to do this.  Is this something that can be done directly in Power Automate/Power BI?  

5 REPLIES 5
JJackson

It's pretty lame that we have to do it this way rather than having the Compose Operation set at an arbitrary character limit but that's what we have to do I guess.

How to Run a Query against a Dataset Using Power Automate? - Enjoy SharePoint

Rushik

Hi, I have the same peoblem. I am trying get more than 1000 row of data from Power BI. Flow is working very well with another dataset like sharepoint list or excel and has no limitation.

If you find any solution please let me know

MossyFresh

I found this post trying to solve this myself, and the solution that worked for me is to not use the compose operation as your source for creating your CSV table, but to instead run a query against a dataset. It's my understanding that the compose operation is fundamentally limited to 1000 rows, so a different method is needed.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajaffeeattmz ,

I found some related topics, please check if they could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Automate-export-1000-rows-only/td-p/1811090 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Only-up-to-1000-rows-when-connecting-with-API-endpoint-SODA... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Neither of these links offer a solution that I can tell. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors