Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dayananthan
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps Edit in Microsoft Edge Browser Issue

I am using Power Apps Visual in Power BI but I cannot able to edit the Power Apps using Edge browser. But it was working fine in Chorme. Also previously created apps Text box are not working in Edge browser as Text Box is not allowing any characters. ( But works fine in Chrome )

Looks very much shocking that why Microsoft products is not working fine itself in Edge browser. 🙂 

Regards,

Dayananthan

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please record a video to show the issue so we can understand the issue clearly. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I have a video recorded but unable to share in a public arena such as this for data security issues. Can you provide an email address or the like to drop it into?

Hi all, 

Based on my test with the latest Microsoft Edge version 44.17763.1.0, it’s able to type any characters in the Power Apps visual textbox and rich textbox in report view mode. See the video: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/admin1_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/ERPWRpkiIwhDgesh5i....

I would suggest you update your Edge browser version then test again. If the same issue still occurs, please feel free to let me know. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there, thanks for your response and video - I wasn't able to download it / view it, but I'm no longer seeing the same issues that we had Mon-Wed this week (and also Daniel Christian on twitter.  Somebody, somewhere has done something to make this bug dissappear which is great - so thank-you to them 🙂  I'll share the bug video with you directly for future reference.

Many thanks

Hi,

What is your Edge browser verison?  Still i am facing this issue. My Edge Browser version is Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 and Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134. Hope this issue will not occur when we update the Edge browser version to 44. But update will happen through windows update so currently we are using chrome instead of Edge. Not sure why it is not woking in 42 version? since it worked in 41 verison. 

@ShingoMcLeod 

@ShingoMcLeod wrote:

Hi there, thanks for your response and video - I wasn't able to download it / view it, but I'm no longer seeing the same issues that we had Mon-Wed this week (and also Daniel Christian on twitter.  Somebody, somewhere has done something to make this bug dissappear which is great - so thank-you to them 🙂  I'll share the bug video with you directly for future reference.

Many thanks

Hi @ShingoMcLeod

Thank you for your video. (already received your email Smiley Happy). 

The issue you are reporting is a little, it relates to the on-screen keyboard. As I don't have such device on my side to test it currently, I would suggest you test with the latest Edge browser version 44.17763.1.0. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

@dayananthan As we discussed offine yesterday, please test again with Edge browser after updating the Edge version. If there is any issue, please update it here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi @ShingoMcLeod

You can send the video to my work email: v-qiuyu@microsoft.com

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

ShingoMcLeod
Regular Visitor

We're also seeing the same behaviour here with using the PowerApps custom visual in PowerBI.  We helped encourage the documentation to be updated to explicitely say that IE11 was not supported and users should use Edge or Chrome (the latter not approved by our company by default) and now with users using Edge they are hitting this text input issue #RunningOutofBrowsers 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors