Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimJim
Helper V
Helper V

Power Apps - Create new or import existing

Hi Guys,

I am a new user of power apps and am in need of some help please, I have been unable to find a definitive answer online.

I have built an approval flow using power automate, users will be able to submit requests via a Power App which I will be imbedding in Power BI. The report is connecting to a Sharepoint List and is import mode.

It's very easy to generate a template Power App from Power Automate which will be created with all of the fields from my sharepoint list but I understand if I import an existing app into Power BI then I lose some of the refresh functionality. What exactly does this mean for me and is there a workaround?

Sorry for such a basic question but I am completely new to Power Apps and feeling a little out of my depth.

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JimJim 

I don’t quite understand what you mean by losing the refresh function. You can try to add all the data sources to the dateset and configure the refresh in service, then see if the refresh can be successful.

vjaneygmsft_0-1625797237576.png

Reference:Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Embed a new Power App in a Power BI Report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Thank you for your reply, and apologies if I wasn't clear on my message.

Regarding importing an existing app, Microsoft say this:

Annotation 2021-07-09 075414.jpg

The trouble I have is that I don't know what this function does and how it affects my app if I decide to import an existing app. I would rather get the answers to this now to prevent wasting time down the wrong path.

Hi, @JimJim 

I'm not familiar with power app. But your data source doesn't seem to support DQ mode. So I think it's hard for you to use power app visual in powerbi. I'm sorry to inform you but this is true.

vjaneygmsft_0-1625814094516.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors