Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible connection to Einstein analytics dataset within Salesforce

I am currently connecting directly to Salesforce objects within Power BI to recreate reports. Most of these reports within Salesforce were built with custom datasets within Salesforce's Analytics Studio. The datasets have already pulled in all the relevant fields and objects, eliminating the excess whereas pulling in the object you have to do all that again when it is pulled in. Is it possible to bypass recreating these datasets and just make a direct connection to the dataset itself?

3 REPLIES 3
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

please refer the link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@venal Thank you for the link, but that is how I am currently connecting to Salesforce objects. I have no issue with that, I am curious to know if it is possible to connect to Salesforce created datasets, not objects nor reports (I have been using the connectors within Power BI for these successfully). Within Analytcis Studio inside of Salesforce, users can generate their own datasets from the objects to build custom reports. My hope is that I can cut out the step of connecting to the objects and recreating these datasets and simply connect directly to the dataset that has already been created within Salesforce. I have not seen any articles that mention connecting to a dataset inside of Analytics Studio within Salesforce.

@Anonymous  Hi, I have the same question and I wonder if you have found the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors